Manhattan pedestrians must certainly be among the fiercest in the world. Braving a daily barrage of taxis, cars, and trucks takes more than a little courage, and avoiding an accident requires constant vigilance. If you’ve been injured in a pedestrian accident please contact the Manhattan accident attorneys at Weiser & Associates, or call 212-213-3111 today to arrange a free consultation.
As Weiser & Associates, we are experienced pedestrian accident lawyers, and we understand the challenges that cyclists and pedestrians face in Manhattan. Here are a few tips to keep in mind as you navigate our New York City streets:
- Wear bright colors so that others can see you
- Cross the street at crosswalks, and obey walk signals
- Walk on the sidewalk. If you must walk in the street, walk on the left and face oncoming traffic
- Look out for cyclists, who may blow right through stop signs and red lights
- Watch out for constructions zones and be aware of scaffolding
Keep in mind that even if you follow the rules, motorists may not. And in automobile-pedestrian accidents, the pedestrian rarely wins. If you’ve been injured by a negligent motorist, you may be entitled to compensation. Please contact Weiser & Associates today at 212-213-3111 today to schedule a no-cost consultation with our Manhattan accident attorneys.