Pedestrians in Queens and the greater New York City area face a daily minefield in the form of private vehicles, taxis, utility vehicles, and delivery trucks all vying for real estate on our crowded roads. When you’re on foot, the odds are stacked against you in an accident. If you’ve been injured in an accident please contact the Queens pedestrian accident lawyers at Weiser & Associates, or call (212) 213-3111 today to arrange a free consultation.
As experienced bicycle and pedestrian accident lawyers, the professionals at Weiser & Associates understand the unique challenges faced by those who share our Queens streets with drivers. When you’re on foot, keep the following tips in mind to protect yourself.
- Be seen: Wear brightly colored clothing or special reflective materials so that motorists can see you.
- Walk on the sidewalk when you can. When you must walk in the street, always walk on the left so that you’re facing oncoming traffic.
- Walk at crosswalks whenever possible, and obey walk signals.
- Make eye contact with drivers while crossing the street, and beware motorists who may be on their phones.
- Stand away from obstructions like signs and hedges so that motorists see you and expect you when you cross the street.
Even when pedestrians take the proper precautions, motor vehicles definitely have the upper hand in vehicle-pedestrian accidents. If you’ve been injured in an accident while on foot, you may be entitled to compensation from the negligent motorist. Please contact Weiser & Associates today at (212) 213-3111 today to schedule a no-cost consultation with our Queens pedestrian accident lawyers.